Leisure World of Maryland: Should a man troubled by truth be selected to head a $25+ Million corporation?
Leisure World of Maryland:
Should a man troubled by truth be selected to head a $25+ Million corporation?
Point Blank©: slk
While promoting himself around the Leisure World of Maryland community as the new, soon to be (s)elected Board of Directors Chairman, the birdcage liner newsletter’s itty bitty censorship committee has provided free full page coverage to his biased screed. Such propaganda poop would normally be considered a Leisure World ad, for which the “average” resident would have to pay a special reduced $550 rate.
While a member and officer of the governing body responsible for rubber stamping conflict of interest, systemic mismanagement, unnecessary resident expenditure and blatant favoritism, he arrogantly ridicules those who protest fiduciary irresponsibility.
While providing well deserved praise for those favored residents and their volunteer community efforts, he hides the Board’s failed 21st evolution and continued unnecessary Board approved (resident funded) expenditures.
While fearing exposure of the underbelly transactions in which Management engages, he exhibits pompous disdain and animus for those to whom he refers as the “troubling and troublesome less than 1%”.
He shows fear that “complaints and criticisms to the general public and to public officials” will upend their “public relations program” and “undermine” their “outreach and make our homes less attractive to potential buyers”.
In fact, the purported “1%” has done more in the past year to enlighten and involve the community than he and the entire half asleep Board have accomplished during their entire tenure, including but not limited to researching and informing the community about:
1. Management failure to properly investigate the Leisure World of Maryland “new hire” Communications/News Editor/PR Director selection as a published bigot – (resulting in job offer being rescinded)
(see: “Leisure World of Maryland: Even a comedy writer couldn’t make this up”
2. Management secreting/ budget mislabeling $50,000 residents funds over a period of 25 years; (previously unknown to Board of Directors)
3. Management failure and Board of Directors refusal to provide engineering study in order to determine renovation viability before Leisure World of Maryland Board of Directors approved $5.2+ MILLION building construction to house General Manager and management staff;
4. $5+ Million residents funds expended since 1988 to subsidize continually “in the red” Leisure World golf course. 2015 Budget reflects expected loss of over $400,000 in resident funds;
5. Converting Leisure World 18 hole golf course to a 9 hole course,using the green space for park, picnic areas, rain gardens for which County funds would be available -(Board of Directors ignored);
6. Providing wildlife conservation experts to address alternatives to proposed bow and arrow deer slaughter to have been staged on the Leisure World of Maryland community golf course – (resulting in DEER SLAUGHTER PREVENTED);
7. Potential animal abuse involving Leisure World BOD suggested $25,000 expenditure to purchase and house/cage dog to chase geese on Leisure World golf course – (resulting in DOG PURCHASE PREVENTED);
8. Fitness Center contractor discovered to be in non-compliance (lapsed Charter and failure to pay taxes) with State of Maryland Department of Business Services;
9. Management “non-permeable” surfacing concrete company contract causing Leisure World residents being taxed additional $1+ Million in Montgomery County, Maryland Waste Water Management (“rain tax”);
10. Leisure World Board of Directors requested to appoint oversight committee -(Board of Directors ignored request);
11. Leisure World Board of Directors member training certification and fiduciary responsibility training- request ignored- (resulting in Montgomery County Council introduction of legislation;
12. Request to ban Leisure World approved toxic lawn chemical applications;
13. Provided several alternative lawn care, pesticide and veterinary experts to educate residents (resulting in Montgomery County, Maryland County Council introducing legislation to ban pesticides);
14. Report researched and published by committee of several Leisure World of Maryland resident lawyers, citing page after page of Homeowners Association State law violations committed by Leisure World of Maryland – (upon receipt, Board of Directors Chairwoman dismisses Committee – does nothing about cited violations of law).
Steve Jobs: “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Latest posts by Point Blank© (see all)
- “JustUs” secedes - April 21, 2016
- Leisure World of Maryland: Should a man troubled by truth be selected to head a $25+ Million corporation? - December 1, 2014
- Leisure World of Maryland: Governance Needs To Be Certified (follow up) - November 28, 2014
- Leisure World of Maryland: Even a comedy writer couldn’t make this up - November 24, 2014
- Leisure World of Md. Golf Course has lost at least $1.2 + MILLION DOLLARS of resident money since 2008 - November 12, 2014
Obama Wants To Attract More Foreign Workers
Obama Wants To Attract More Foreign Workers 5.00/5 (100.00%) 2 votes With “Visa Reform“I feelRead More
CONSERVATIVE AMERICANS ARE STUNNED – BOEHNER WINS 3RD TERM
CONSERVATIVE AMERICANS ARE STUNNED – BOEHNER WINS 3RD TERM 5.00/5 (100.00%) 2 votes • JanRead More